Automated maintenance for your WordPress website.
WP Caretaker is the housekeeper for your WordPress blog, and it keeps your WordPress blog in shape. WordPress can store up a lot of redundant data, and using automation tools to run your sites can increase that.
This plugin was developed to make it very easy to keep your WordPress site
You can configure WP Caretaker to clean up any or all combination of:
- Post drafts (unpublished posts).
- Post revisions (old versions of posts).
- All spam comments.
- All unapproved comments.
- All Pingbacks.
- All Trackbacks.
- All unused tags.
- All tags used for only a single post.
- All tags used to link only two posts.
- Or optimize the database tables.
- New: RSS cache entries
It gets even better
Best of all? You can configure WP Caretaker to run automatically every day. Saving space, improving website speed as well as keeping your WordPress blog happy.
WP-Caretaker cleans up. Immediately. When it deletes and optimizes it does so without any backing up.
Be careful when dealing with your data and back up regularly!
= 1.1 =
* Delete drafts now only deletes post drafts.
* Added page drafts deletion as a seperate option.
* Updated licensing library to version 1.3 – fixing activation problems in some cases.
* Checked with WordPress 4.0
* Fixed up visual look and style, looking much better.
* Fixed code so localization works properly now.
= 1.03 =
* Some server configurations gave problems saving settings properly.
* Verified with WordPress 3.5
= 1.02 =
* More bugfixes and code optimization.
= 1.01 =
= 1.0 =
* Removed unused .css files
* Removed unused images folder
* Removed unused functions
* One click updates!
= 0.6 =
* Database table updates. It is necessary to deactivate and re-activate the plugin.
* Bugfix: Logging now works accurately. If two events were happening at the same second, only one entry was stored.
* New: Backlink is now only activated if CRON is enabled.
* New: Empty RSS cache entries
* Updated interface
* New: Detects if WP_DEBUG has been left turned on
= 0.5 =
* First public release
= 0.4 =
* Cron functionality added
* Delete orphaned post meta
* Revised layout
= 0.3 =
* Bulk delete unapproved comments
* Bulk delete spam comments
* Bulk delete pingbacks
= 0.2 =
* Added drafts detection and deletion
* Added tag with 0 and 1 links detection and deletion
* Added future “Special Maintenance”-tab.
* Added recommendation notices
= 0.1 =
* Proof of concept and testing.